I have a friend whom I met in my college classes that has one of these blog thingies. I enjoy reading hers and sometimes think to myself that it could be fun or relaxing to have one myself to write down my thoughts. So tonight I just figured, why not? I’m sure I wont post everyday, but will just use this as a fun thing to do when I’m bored or have something on my mind. So thanks to Lesley for inspiring me to create a blog ;).
This is the only picture we have together :(
This is pretty morbid for a first post, but I was watching my favorite show last night, Desperate Housewives, and two of my favorite characters were about to scatter someone’s ashes. One recited a poem which I thought was really beautiful and I decided I want it read at my funeral. I sent the poem to Phil and his response was “don’t talk like that”. That wasn’t really the point, but sometimes you just never know, so you gotta say what you think or want when you can. So here’s the poem if you were curious:
- Do not stand at my grave and weep
- I am not there. I do not sleep.
- I am a thousand winds that blow.
- I am the diamond glints on snow.
- I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
- I am the gentle autumn rain.
- When you awaken in the morning’s hush
- I am the swift uplifting rush.
- Of quiet birds in circled flight.
- I am the soft stars that shine at night.
- Do not stand at my grave and cry;
- I am not there. I did not die.